Monday, March 28, 2016

the adrian mole diaries.

Title: The Adrian Mole Diaries

Author: Sue Townsend


Why read: 
I heard about this one from one of those "50 books you should have read" articles, but this one was 50 Books Every Child Should Read by 16, but with a UK bent, having surveyed people in the UK.

I'd never heard of it! I was big on Roald Dahl when I was a kid though, so I had that covered. And some C.S. Lewis and Lewis Carroll (and Harry Potter). 

Adrian Mole, though, never heard of him. I have to say, the novel didn't really resonate with me; maybe I'm too old? But it was a fun, quick read, and I do love me a good epistolary novel. I will probably not read the rest of the books in the series, although maybe I should try, as the author, Sue Townsend, continued writing Adrian into his 30s.


No comments:

Post a Comment