Title: Annihilation: A Novel
Author: Jeff VanderMeer
Why Read:
Miles recommended it to me, and my friend Laura (and her husband Kevin) both read and loved it.
There's so much going on in this book that it's difficult to really talk about it. When another friend asked what it was about, I summed it up by saying "It's about these 4 women scientists (although, really, it's more about the biologist) who go into this area that's become supernatural, and they're documenting what happens." And it's about so much more than that, but how do you describe it? Oh, brackish.
Either way, it's good. It's sci-fi, but the kind of sci-fi that people who don't like sci-fi would like. Maybe like the TV show Lost, except that I only watched like 3 episodes of that. And at like 2/3rds of the way through, you find out why it's called Annihilation. (Such a good reveal too!) And there's two more books in the series, which I hear are also quite good.
There's so much going on in this book that it's difficult to really talk about it. When another friend asked what it was about, I summed it up by saying "It's about these 4 women scientists (although, really, it's more about the biologist) who go into this area that's become supernatural, and they're documenting what happens." And it's about so much more than that, but how do you describe it? Oh, brackish.
Either way, it's good. It's sci-fi, but the kind of sci-fi that people who don't like sci-fi would like. Maybe like the TV show Lost, except that I only watched like 3 episodes of that. And at like 2/3rds of the way through, you find out why it's called Annihilation. (Such a good reveal too!) And there's two more books in the series, which I hear are also quite good.
No comments:
Post a Comment