Title: Go Set A Watchman
Author: Harper Lee
Why Read:
Well, to be perfectly honest, I finally read this because Harper Lee just died in February. I think probably I would have read it eventually, but forgot about it until I read her obit, and remembered to put a hold on it at the library. It's fun to read some more stories about Scout and Jem and Atticus, but it's embroiled in Civil Rights South. There's a lot of arguing, which got me a little agitated. It sounds like her books are pretty autobiographical, which makes me want to read more about Harper Lee's actual life. And maybe watch one of those movies that came out a while ago about Truman Capote (Dill?). Or maybe just read To Kill A Mockingbird again.
Hey, what do you know! Capote is available for free on Prime Video now. Neat.
Hey, what do you know! Capote is available for free on Prime Video now. Neat.
No comments:
Post a Comment